There are numerous different types and shapes of flashlight stun guns available in the market and all of them work in exactly the same manner; by delivering a shock that will incapacitate or deter an assailant and help keep you safe. It is very important to know how to test your stun gun such that it is always ready if you need to use it.
1) Hold the stun gun from your body and keep your fingers at the very least 1 1/2 inches from the metal contact probe by the end of the unit.
2) The contact probe, which seems like two tiny metal bumps by the end of the machine, is the part of your stun gun that touches and delivers the shock to any possible assailants.
3) It's essential that you never point your stun gun at yourself or another individual when testing the battery, in order to avoid accidentally shocking yourself or anyone else. If you are looking for a good quality stungun, then you can simply take suggestions on Disaster-Preparedness via https://guarddog-security.com/ experts.
4) If the gun is working, you will notice a bright arc of electricity on the contact probe. Considering that the electrical current doesn't have a body or target to enter, it'll circle internally, creating the white arc.
5) If nothing happens when you press the trigger, the batteries in your stun gun tend dead. Replace the batteries and re-test. If your stun gun still doesn't work, you may want to take into account repairing or replacing it. Depending on how old they're, many stun guns come with a warranty.